This September Cardinal Tracking released the latest TickeTrak update for both the desktop and mobile software. These updates now offer a fully automated system with wireless transfer for users with handhelds that have wireless capabilities. The desktop version of TickeTrak offers more customizable options and with TickeTrak Mobile 2.0, users that have handhelds with wireless capabilities will now be able to update their Scofflaw lists in real time.
TickeTrak 9.5 - New Features:
TickeTrak 9.5 is still fully compatible with PTT9, TTM and the new TTM 2.0
1. More Options for Customization:
- Email Receipts: Users now have the option to either email or print a receipt of payment. Email addresses can now be updated if needed.
- Enhanced Toolbar: Users have the ability to now disable the toolbar or display it with or without a description.
- CTI Notifications: The About screen will now show the current database and license expiration date for your account. Users will no longer need a new license file if new users are added or additional modules enabled.
- Exporting Reports: Reports can now be exported in .rtf, .pdf, and .xls. Also users now have the ability to search within the report, copy/paste information and view multiple pages at once.
- Multimedia Attachment Formats: Additional multimedia formats include .txt and .msg.
2. Fully Automated Process for Permits and Scofflaws:
Users will no longer have the need to manually rebuild a file for a permit or a scofflaw. With the real-time continuous communication with TickeTrak Mobile 2 any updates made to a permit or scofflaw will be transferred automatically.
- Permit Updates: Permit types will now be displayed in the Global Search window and Permit Fulfillment sends permits to a 3rd party company for fulfillment/mailing. Users also have the option to export by active or issued date range to a .csv file.
- Scofflaw Updates: Users will still have the ability to manually rebuild a file, if needed, and a warning option has been added as a selection criteria for all TTM 2 users. A Scofflaw Codes list has also been added to the scofflaw criteria window.
TickeTrak Mobile 2:
TickeTrak Mobile 2.0 is now available to all users who have wireless handheld capabilities such as the Casio IT9000, Juno T41, Dolphin Black 70e, or etc.
1. Wireless Transfers
With TickeTrak Mobile 2.0, users that have handhelds with wireless capabilities will now be able to update their Scofflaw lists in real time. This real-time wireless transfer will eliminate the need for manually transferring information to the desktop and then updating the handheld.
“Whether the handheld is placed in a cradle at the parking office, or updates in real-time via wifi or cellular out in the field, it's no longer a manual process,” saidTroy Swift, Regional Sales Manager. “Now it’s a choice of what the customer wants to do to transfer the data but no one is physically having to hit a button anymore.”
TickeTrak mobile also wirelessly sends ticket information after it's written. No more waiting for the officer to return at the end of shift or issuing skeletal tickets to accept payments before the ticket is uploaded.
2. Better Data Entry
TickeTrak is a comprehensive system designed to help you control your parking management operations, and TickeTrak Mobile offers intuitive data entry and an entry process tailored to your agency needs.
Other additions with the TickeTrak Mobile 2.0 include the option to show the GPS coordinates of the parking infraction and the number of images captured on the ticket.
Jeremy Moon, Development Manager, says that these two additions will “give the parking department better information about where the ticket was written. The goal is to help reduce the number of unnecessary appeals.”
3. Customizable Layout and User Options
The software features a new customizable layout where you can decide which screen and field is visible on the hand held. You can also hide screens you don’t need while writing a ticket.
The update comes with a larger keyboard for you to use, which now includes the "-" and "&" symbols.
Users can now have the option to print or not print a specific officer comment field on the ticket and the option to restrict officer ability to exit TTM 2.0 without password.
Also included is the ability to add different makes, models, body types and colors. Adminstrators will be able to approve the new additions from within TickeTrak after the tickets have been transferred.
4. Optional Parkmobile Integration
The Parkmobile integration makes it easy both for people to pay for parking and for police officers to verify the car can be parked there. The officer will also be able to check the license plate for existing scofflaws and permits within TickeTrak instead of having to switch between applications.
To learn more about the updates in our latest release, request a custom demonstration below!